April 14, 2017
LICENSED SCHOOL NURSE CONSULTANT
- Job Sites
Licensed School Nurse Consultant to help oversee a variety of K-12 Charter schools in the Twin Cities and surrounding areas.
- Hours per Day
Variable / Per Diem (flexible hours working on site and from home, depending on client needs and your availability- approx. 3-20+ hrs/week). Potential for future increase. Independent Contractor status.
- Pay Range
Serve as a consultant on a growing team of fellow nurses to assist school staff with a variety of needs including, but not limited to:
- coordinating school health services for K-12 students by educating and guiding schools towards having a compliant and positive school health program.
- training, delegating, monitoring, and supervising of Health Services Assistants and/or other school staff.
- completing nursing assessments and screenings to students with special education needs as well as participating on the IEP (Individual Education Plan) team for students with health/sensory/physical concerns or impairments that may interfere with learning.
- interpreting health findings for school staff regarding impact of health concerns on learning and accommodations required at school.
- developing and implementing individual health plans (IHP) and emergency health plans (EHP) for students with health conditions that require accommodations to attend school.
- assisting students and families in obtaining health care services in the community through referrals to appropriate providers and agencies.
- License as a Registered Nurse from Minnesota Board of Nursing.
- Public Health certification from Minnesota Board of Nursing (or ability to obtain).
- License as a School Nurse from Minnesota Department of Education (or ability to obtain).
- Current CPR certification for the Healthcare Professional and current First Aid certification.
- Technologically proficient.
- Must be able to provide insured vehicle for transportation with a valid driver’s license.
- School health experience highly preferred; will fully train and mentor.
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
- Start Date
Spring/Summer 2017. Position will be deleted when filled.